Just writing about an Old Guys BJJ Journey.

Just writing about an Old guys BJJ journey. It has been a great trip and I worry if I don't write it down I may forget it.

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Why do so many try to pull others down.

I love BJJ.  I wish I could do it full time.  I, like many of you have a job that keeps us away from BJJ at times but it also helps us support our BJJ addiction.  My wife always wonders why I spend so much money on BJJ,  I buy Gi's (I have at  least 15 of them) and support the industry.  I sign up for tournaments and pay to travel to get there.  I pay dues each month and also pay for private lessons some times. I also pay for Team Gear and support the team when they have Seminars.   I am paying a lot to do Jiu Jitsu and I am happy to do it.

Lately I have been making patches for some of the local BJJ Schools.  We have a good factory we work with that gives us great prices and we pass those great prices on to the buyers.  This factory is a friend of mine who does me a favor by doing small runs.  They  make embroidered patches for Disney, Coke, Universal Studios, Ralph Lauren, Target etc. They are a certified vendor for these companies.   This is a good company making high end patches.  You may ask me what the problem is?  Let me tell you what the problem is.  The problem is the crabs.

There is an old story that goes if you catch a two crabs and put them in a bucket then you don't need to put a lid on the bucket because when one crab tries to get out the other crab will pull it back down. Of course this is just nature but it looks like  the one crab does not want to let the other crab improve it's situation by getting out of the bucket.  I feel like this is the case when I post something on a Public Forum or Social Media letting people know that I can make Embroidered Patches.  The boobirds come out complaining that I should not be using that medium to promote my product.  Why not?  I'm not posting something every hour trying to promote this product.  I know that the key to getting sales with  these patches is to find a team that needs patches or just ran out of patches and is looking to order some.  How do I get the word out if I don't use my contacts on Social Media and Public Forums I frequent.  I would think (hope) other BJJ Practitioners would be happy to help a fellow jiujiteor to cover some of his cost incurred on their JiuJitsu Journey.

To be honest I understand not wanting to be spammed  and if a guy is selling sunglasses or something unrelated to BJJ I would agree it has no place on a forum but this is an item that many JiuJitsu Teams need and are looking for a reliable vendor.

What do you think?  What are you suggestions.  Let me know I am all ears. (Cauliflower Ears LOL)


6 comments:

  1. I don't think it's bad to promote your company or share your ability to contribute especially since it's on BJJ-related platforms. Don't worry about the haters. You seem humble, considerate, and respectful in your approach. Kudos to you for starting a business and spreading BJJ. Social media is meant for networking and reaching out to people. The naysayers are probably confused lol. Do you make custom patches? Do you require bulk orders? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wife of the Black Belt I train under is a designer. She did the artwork for the patch above. We can also make any existing patch. Our Minimum are not that high. 50 pcs just because of the cost of the Digital tape fee needs to be absorbed in the price. Thanks for the best wishes.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wife of the Black Belt I train under is a designer. She did the artwork for the patch above. We can also make any existing patch. Our Minimum are not that high. 50 pcs just because of the cost of the Digital tape fee needs to be absorbed in the price. Thanks for the best wishes.

      Delete
    2. Sorry for the double post : )

      Delete
    3. Sorry for the double post : )

      Delete