Just writing about an Old Guys BJJ Journey.

Just writing about an Old guys BJJ journey. It has been a great trip and I worry if I don't write it down I may forget it.

Thursday, January 29, 2015

I train at two different locations,  One close to my office and one near my home so I can get in as much mat time as possible.  My home and office are only about 5  miles apart.

So I stopped by my local grocery store today to pick up some stuff for my wife and I saw a Martial Arts place popped up.  So I walked over there to see what was going on and it was a Gracie Academy BJJ place.  This is seriously less then a 1/4 of mile from where I train near my house and I would guess that with in 5 miles of this place there are at least 8 other BJJ Places.

My question is.  Will BJJ reach the point of Saturation?  Is it the current flavor of the month?  I don't mind all these places. I think the competition is good for the sport and each place does have a little different concentration or "Vibe" as the instructors like to say.  It give us more choices but it also makes it harder for the guys who want to run them full time to make descent living because the enrollment is spread out.

So what do you think?  Is so many BJJ Academies good for the sport?




No comments:

Post a Comment