Just writing about an Old Guys BJJ Journey.

Just writing about an Old guys BJJ journey. It has been a great trip and I worry if I don't write it down I may forget it.

Thursday, October 2, 2014

I would not consider myself a Gym Hopper

I am very loyal to the people who I started with.  I feel that I owe them a debt of gratitude for introducing me to BJJ and I will be forever grateful to them.

That being said I cannot train at Certain times because of my schedule so I do go to a different place once a week and it is a stark contrast to my usual training.  I like being a Student of two places.  I feel it gives me more range in my game and makes me less predictable when we roll.  I am able to take somethings I learn from one place and use them when we spar at the other place and so on.

One place always starts from standing so I get more practice on takedowns and the other place does a much more intense warm up so I don't have to worry  about going somewhere else to better my cardio.  Of course as I have discussed before with age you slow down so sometimes too much of a warm up and I'm ready to hit the shower before we even begin to learn technique.  I really like both places and feel part of the family when there.  I know that the 2nd place I go to the instructor would probably work with me more if I was more dedicated to his spot and I don't have a problem with that.  I just accept it as part of life.

One thing interesting this AM is seemed that several of the people who were in attendance were actually Gym Hoppers who jump around from place to place.  I'm not sure if they have schedule difficulties like me or if they are hopping for another reason but I do think there is something to say about loyalty and consistency.

What is the general opinion of this?  Do the BJJ Schools you attend encourage or discourage people from training at other places?

No comments:

Post a Comment