Just writing about an Old Guys BJJ Journey.

Just writing about an Old guys BJJ journey. It has been a great trip and I worry if I don't write it down I may forget it.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Back at Higher Ground BJJ Today

I have been travelling and will still be out this week but was able to make it to HGBJJ today for the lunch class.  It was a good class with a good mixture of proficiency and sizes there.

We did a good warm up and it has been a long time since I did this.  I think I need more of this to increase my Cardio.  Then we worked on an Americana from Side Control.  It always amazes me the little things in each move that can make it or break it.  If you can put all the parts together in a fluid motion you will be top notch.

I know many debate the technique vs strength of Jiu Jitsu and I have to say technique is the key.  Technique will over come strength in most instances.  The only problem is when technique is equal or close then strength takes over.  I try to work on moves that require a minimum amount of strength to pull off and they work well on the unsuspecting when I am sparring at another academy but when I am with my own guys and they know my techniques then the strength and speed of how I hit the move is what makes the difference.

You should train like the guy is going to be stronger but you should use your strength combined with your technical skill when you spar and compete to be your best.  

No comments:

Post a Comment