Just writing about an Old Guys BJJ Journey.

Just writing about an Old guys BJJ journey. It has been a great trip and I worry if I don't write it down I may forget it.

Saturday, September 13, 2014

What do you call the place you do BJJ at?

Today I wanted to write that they let me open the ???  Gym? Academy? School? Dojo? Center?  What do you call a place that they do BJJ?  Also what do you call the head guy there?  Instructor? Master? Professor? Coach?  Just casually call him by his first name?

It seems like in other Martial Arts it is layed out very well.  I am heading to the Dojo to work out with Master Wong seems to be very common for those in TKD, Karate, etc.  Anyway anyone that can help me out I would really appreciate it.  I'm almost 2 years in and I travel a lot so it would be nice to know what to call the head guy just to show proper respect.  My personal preference is Instructor and Academy.  Sounds a little like Millitary or Police but it is what I feel comfortable with.

I enjoy opening the Academy.  I showed up a little early and brought my grappling dummy so I could work on stuff just in case no one else showed up.  Luckily 4 people showed up and we drilled on sweeps for an hour.  Just worked on becoming more efficient and some moves that we already knew but needed to get better out as our timing is off when we spar.

I am heading to a Sheriff Show for 4 days so I hope I get a chance to write some blogs there.  I do plan on working out in Santa Fe.  I will see what the instructor there likes to be called.


No comments:

Post a Comment