Just writing about an Old Guys BJJ Journey.

Just writing about an Old guys BJJ journey. It has been a great trip and I worry if I don't write it down I may forget it.

Friday, September 12, 2014

Early Morning BJJ

Once a week I go to a 7 AM Class at a different place.  I enjoy the early morning classes even though getting stacked at 7 AM seems to hurt a lot more then getting stacked at 7 PM.  The guys that show up to the 7 AM class seem to be more of the family type.  Have kids and activities that keep them from coming after school but still have a level of dedication to the sport to get up and get out on the  mats.

The instructor is excellent and really helps you understand the details of the technique.  Small things like head position or where to put an elbow make the move much easier to execute.  Also instead of a normal Cardio, Stretching warmup we basically drill to warm up.  It is a good warm up (but once again that early in the Morning your body does seem extra stiff.).

I can honestly say that I always leave the morning class having learned something.  I can't spar for more then two rounds  in the morning or I am shot for the day but as long as I can keep that in check I think the mornings will always be a part of my Jiu Jitsu Training.

The funny thing this AM is that only 3 people were there.  Me and two other professionals with kids.  I know one of the guys is a Dentist we are all over 40 so we actually spent time on the mat in a discussion on how Keenan Cornelius was able to beat Eduardo Telles who just used the Turtle move to keep Keenan at bay.  Sometimes the discussion is more educational then the roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment