Just writing about an Old Guys BJJ Journey.

Just writing about an Old guys BJJ journey. It has been a great trip and I worry if I don't write it down I may forget it.

Sunday, September 14, 2014

So today at Church I was thinking about BJJ and awards

Many times when I work out while traveling I see the medals that they have won at different tournaments.  I am guessing that these are awards won by the instructors at those locales.  Usually they are medals but sometimes I see swords.  I have never been in a competition that gives away swords so I am wondering if they are for something special like overall champ etc or if they are like medals and every division gets them.  Also what kind and quality of swords are they?  Are they cheap decorative swords or something better?   Are they engraved or the scabbard marked with the competition or are they just plain swords.  Anyone with some insight please let me know.  

Also Congrats to Dan Lukehart of Brea Jiu Jitsu who received his Black Belt in BJJ today.  I wish I could have made it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment