Just writing about an Old Guys BJJ Journey.

Just writing about an Old guys BJJ journey. It has been a great trip and I worry if I don't write it down I may forget it.

Monday, September 29, 2014

Today I am posting an embarrassing moment.

As many of you may know I also sell Samurai Swords, Ninja Stuff etc on a website at www.ninjasupply.net  I  have always liked Asia (spent many years over there) and also speak Asian Languages.  My kids call me the Ginja Ninja (Ginja being short for Ginger because of my red hair.

I have found a factory that make high quality knives and swords.  They have some Folded Damascus steel blades (I know it is redundant to say Folded Damascus Steel) etc.

We ship stuff almost everyday and the people who buy from us seem to be very happy.  We have only had a few miscues and we started the site back in July.

So I decided before I sell these more expensive Musashi Swords I better buy a couple and see how Sharp they are and how well they work.  Let me tell you they are extremely sharp and well balanced.  They are truly Samurai Swords and the material and Craftsman ship is Amazing.  The problem comes from me and my buddies lack of experience using a Samurai Sword.

We have to now learn how to hold it correctly and also how to swing it etc.  Here is my first try at this and I cut a corner off of poor John's table.  It was so smooth I did not even notice it cut a corner off the table until I saw the video.  Of course on the next bottle I swung high  to compensate and missed the bottle all together.  I am going to continue practicing by assaulting water bottles and fruit and maybe by Halloween I will be able to  carve a Jack O Lantern with a Samurai Sword.  Then I truly would be the Ginja Ninja.

Maybe I should right a blog on mid life crisis's

Here is the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4O9LLL5P7s

No comments:

Post a Comment